Thursday, September 07, 2006

Yacht Rock Quote Day!!! Loggins on Celebrity Duets!!!

"When a friend is drowning in a sea of sadness, you don't just toss him a life vest, you swim one over to him." Kenny Loggins, Yacht Rock Episode 1

You see, Warriors? You see what you get when you keep the fire? Thanks to a heads up from one of my east coast peeps, I was able to catch Kenny Loggins perform "Whenever I Call You Friend" with Xena, Warrior Princess. Wow, how's that for one f'd up sentence? It wasn't just Kenny Loggins on Celebrity Duets, it was Cult of Personality Kenny Loggins!!! Just for that, I had to watch Yacht Rock 1. Which meant yes, I rewatched all of them...in a row. I don't know if the fire is gonna take us past two weeks in a row, maybe if Smooth Jesus is lookin' out... so for now I'll leave y'all with this:
Kenny Loggins (Who kicked Jimmy Messina out of Loggins and Messina which drove him to drinking for a week in an alley): Jimmy Messina! How's she blowin'?

Jimmy Messina(formerly of Loggins and Messina): Fuck you, Loggins!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smooth Jesus always has yer back