Friday, January 12, 2007

Songs You Should Know White Rapper Edition: Here it Comes - MC Serch

I had heard about the new reality show Ego Trip's: White Rapper Show and pretty much decided at that time that I woould stay away. The initial promo highlighted MC Serch as the host which I thought was odd. Serch was the outspoken half of the duo 3rd Bass who took a negative stance against white rappers exploiting hip hop such as Vanilla Ice and the Beastie Boys (Though with the Beasties, the beef was probably personal) Something just didn't add up here. So on the drive home, "Kick 'Em in the Grill" from the superb 3rd Bass album Derilects of Dialect popped into my iPod "shuffle songs" playlist so I figured I would at least give the show a chance.

The show itself is standard reality format. Ten white rappers live in a house (The White House) and compete for $100,000 and a record deal with eliminations at the end of each show. After the standard cattle call sequence, which they mercifully limited to the first 10 minutes, the show was actually really f'n good. Prince Paul is also heavily involved with this show and anything that producer of Three Feet High and Rising, Prince Among Theives,and So...How's Your Girl? touches is something I've gotta watch. Oh yeah, Misfit, the Brit is hot as balls,so that's a plus

I'll have a full recap of White Rapper Show up this weekend.

So the intention of the post which started out as a call back to the old Mc Serch, is now more of a reminder how the host of White Rapper used to kick it back in the day.

"Here it Comes" - Mc Serch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not that big into rap music, but I liked that one.

Weekend has come and gone, and no update?