Friday, June 13, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance Top 20 Results Show

So we open tonight's show with a group dance to "Cobrastyle" by Robyn. The song starts out with some baby voice dialogue which I imagine is saying "Hey, Dad, I've decided I'm not going to do cobrastyle anymore". A few seconds pass and we have a shot of the guys in suits...


and the girls dressed like ...trannys?


We also see Nigel jotting down notes. Wha?

As soon as I can mutter to myself "Oh this is gonna be some bowl shi-" Nigel is gone, chair spinning and out he comes, bound gagged and carried out by the dancers.


Apparently Wade Robson and his wife were the choreographers, but you can't convince me that this isn't a Nigel fantasy ever since he started jidging this show. They break up any cool dancing with shots of bug-eyed Nigel...and yeah worst group dance ever.

Let's get to it. I'm gonna keep this short this week, but here we go with the results.



Our bottom three couples?

First is Kourtni and Matt who did the jewel thief dance off...
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh9Y-g0z1Y68nMjJhcV_L1JyvAvcU_lTOS60Uu3neJqs3VYLMp1w6e-8wj-eSzVtU0CxC-Pmi2WGpZhSWGbjJvhN03T0Yr7299Td7UMUhs_T4aIyYoDKtITfx-XkwG8nEiBdLieRA/s1600-h/006+Dance+Results+Kourtni+Mark.jpg">

Next is Jamie and Rayven who performed "Cotton Candy" hip hop last night. Nigel made it a point to state that the bananna hammock dance probably offended some people. I'd say it was desperate but not necessarily offensive.


And our final bottom couple... Will and Jessica? The judges are shocked as well and shocked judges usually = safe from elimination.


So I was actually 2 for 3 in my bottom three picks. I'm actually surprised I did that well. In the interim before the eliminations we have Poppin Pete and his son collectively known as "Electric Boogaloo" which will lead to shitty jokes when I read other recaps. grr Then we have the solos. Matt, Jessica, Kourtni, and Will all do some form of contemporary/lyrical whatever and they all seem the same to me. Jamie does the standard ballroom guy solo with hips swaying...he keeps his pants up this time though. Rayven looks flat-footed doing ballet. It looks really bad.


It was as she's the first gorl to go. Kourtni got the early reprieve even though she lost her balance during her solo. The jidges were disappointed with both Jessica and Rayven who was dancing demi-pointe which was unacceptable I guess. Since Jessica is cuter she stays.


Will gets the early safe notice on the guys side. He also gets a speech that might as well have said this "Will, you are our favorite dancer and we will never eliminate you unless you royally fuck up, so don't. You are this year's Danny and Benji rolled into one. Love, the Jidges"

Speaking of Benji...Fake Schwimmer Jamie and 6'3 Matt are left. One has technique, the other has personality, and tonight they say that they are going with technique. See ya Fake-Scwhimmer! Though he does seem like a nice guy.


Down to 18! Well 17 + Will who apparently gets a free pass to the final 4.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't handle the opening scene. I had totally forgotten about Wade Robinson and his acid trip day dreams.

I couldn't figure out who they got him, tied him up, then rolled him out in a chair from backstage all in the span of a camera switch. Crazy I tell ya.

Though I did like the opening, and popping was amazing. They should have been doing that for the past 3 years. Rather then putting pieloving the Pussycat dolls on stage ... oh wait :(

Pie it all, I used to fight a man if he ever talked bad about the PCD but they aren't dancers (I don't care what the rumor is) so I don't want them on my dance show.

And no matter what your concpirecy theories are at least they didn't put a philipino dancer through just to eliminate them on the first night.

Joshua and asian FTW!!!