Thursday, August 09, 2007

Dancing the Light Crap-Tastic

Alright, I admit I've been lazy for awhile now. But Paj inspired me last week with his recap of SYTYCD, and I've got a few points to make:

- Wade Robson--you used to be my hero and favorite choreographer on the show. Then you had to go all touchy-feely political activist on our asses. Here's a piece of advice: Peace signs at the end of a routine are stupid.

- Nigel Lythgoe--At least TRY to hide the fact that you're a string-pulling capitalist bastard who doesn't really get the whole dancing thing. Maybe you don't have to plug ALL of your friends' latest projects on the show.

- Jidges--Alright, I applaud the fact that you brought the talent level way, way up this season. Cedric hung around way too long, but other than that there really weren't any truly easy eliminations. HOWEVER, your blatant attempts to control Ameriker's decisions are repulsive! I'm sorry, but maybe you had just taken a nice hit of Xtasy before Danny and Lauren did their stupid Mia Michaels routine last night. It looked rushed, Lauren couldn't drop the toothies for a minute to get into character, and she couldn't stick or hold any of the big balances. I don't think she did a turn or a balance all night where she didn't wobble or stumble--strictly amateur hour. You raved and raved. Hell, even the cameraman got congratulated for chasing them up the steps and distracting Danny so much that he forgot to hold Lauren's hand. Whatever it is you've got in those Coke cups, Jidges, give me some of that shit!

- Danny--There's no denying that you're a great dancer. But please, please never look into the camera again with that sorry-sap "Really Ameriker, I'm not an arrogant asshole" expression. I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

- Pasha is adorable, and I'm still jealous of Sabra. Don't be a hater, Paj...she's incredible.

Here is what SHOULD happen on Monday night:

1. Lauren SHOULD go home

2. As much as I love him, I wonder if Pasha shouldn't go too. Neil just seems a bit more versatile, and is definitely a better soloist.

3. The jidges should shut the hell up and let Ameriker decide. You chose the format this year, now live with the consequences. Out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want Hok back :(

Unknown said...

I miss Pasha already!!!! Go Sabra!