Friday, June 30, 2006

So You Think You Can Dance- The Top 16 results show

I'm hoping my 15 or so calls for Ashlee and Ben paid off this week...

We start out with a group stance to Bell Biv DeVoe's "Poison". Oh man this takes me back to the days of DJ Paj on party nights and I LOVED playing this song. Seriously, I'm doing a Heisman Freeze while I'm typing this. The dancers are dressed in mid 80ish tack suits so we have a mash up of New Jack Swing and Old School goin' on. I'm not gonna quibble though because this is awesome. I can tell right away it's Shane Sparks since they pull a group react similar to to the end scene of "You Got Served." Mainly, the moves are modern day, but there are some old school hitches and at one point I swear I thought I saw Ivan do either the running man or the Roger Rabbit.

The routine devolves into a boys vs. girls battle reminiscent of the Run DMC v. Jason Nevins Video for "It's Like That". Anyway, this a really cool way to start the show.


Okay gonna cut to the chase tonight. The bottom three couples are Jaymz and Jessica, Dmitry and Aleksandra, and sadly, Ben and Ashlee.

Ashlee is happy she finally had a chance to show America what Electric Boogaloo Poppin is all about. Jessica is hoping that we'll get a chance to see the Cuban-Italian Miami wild child so Ameriker will love her. Aleksandra is out somewhere writing in her journal about lovers scorned.

The guys solos are uneventful except for the part where Jaymz fell off the stage...HE FELL OFF THE FUCKING STAGE!!!!

Dmitry, when asked, defends Aleks a whole lot after his solo. Jaymz is almost in tears he wants to stay so bad. Well, that and because he fell off the stage in front of millions of people. Ben is like, "uh...yeah" but he's probably thinking "I stayed on the stage, let's see if everyone can say THAT at the end of their solos mofo's" ...Emo Ben rules yo!

Ashlee gets the early reprieve because she's got a sparkle in her eye. Aleks and Jessica are left. Nigel apologizes to Aleks for crossing the line into Asshattery with his "Corpse Bride" comment, but then he gives her the boot anyway.

Dmitry gets the Lewinsky treatment from the jidges and he's safe. In a strange move, Nigel calls Ashlee forward to defend Ben, but doesn't offer the same to Jessica, because really, how do you defend a dancer falling off the fucking stage? Nigel asks both Ben and Jaymz how much prep they put into their solos. Hello, Nigel? One dude fell off the stage...why is this necessary? Ben says "uh". Jaymz said his solo sucked and he thought the stage was much bigger otherwise he wouldn't have fallen the fuck off it. Well he should have anyway or pulled a Pee Wee Herman "I meant to do that." Nigel goes off on this really bitchy rant about how he's disappointed and that how a shitty solo is gonna cost one of them their spot on the show. I don't buy these "the solo really counts" theatrics for a second. Whatever. One guy fell off the stage, the other guy didn't. If you're really going to base someone's dancing potential on the solo, I'd say ability to not fall off the stage is a good barometer of potential. This is all such bullshit. Anyway, Ben is gone Jaymz is safe and Ashlee is in tears. Go back to the other dancers Jaymz...and try not to fall off the FUCKING STAGE. Unbelievable.

The PAJ voting block of one has to find a new candidate. I'll have to clean up all the "Vote Bashlee" stuff tomorrow. I don't know if I'll like the show as much with 100% less Emo.

As a treat here's the aforementioned Run DMC v Jason Nevins breakdance video



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That girl in the blue shirt schooled them all.

I'd hit it.