Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday Tidbits



Does it really get any better than The Office? There were so many great moments last night. From Michael's speech with Creed, to Kelly sobbing over Ryan, to the bereavement group session with the toss the ball game. Pam, Ryan, and Kevin using the plots of Million Dollar Baby, The Lion King, and Weekend at Bernie’s as the stories of their deceased relatives? Tremendous!

“You can’t get sick from a bird!”

I really enjoyed the interaction between Jim and Rashida Jones character as well. I’m really glad that the writers didn’t fall into the Jim and Pam trap. Back in Scranton, something about bearded Roy just cracks me up. I can’t stop laughing when he’s on screen.

The culminating scene of the bird funeral with Dwight on the electric green recorder and Pam warbling Jeffery Osborne’s “On the Wings of Love" was surreal and left me stunned with its genius. I hadn’t seen that song performed on TV since Rex Smith covered it on Solid Gold!!! Meanwhile Dwight on the recorder reminded me of my recorder playing days under the stage name “Pajfir, Master of the Blues Recorder” My admiration comes not only for the humor, but for the place in their head the writer had to go.

I still have I pity the fool and Grey’s in the hole. I should be able to post this weekend.

In honor of Friday the 13th I only have one thing to say: “ch ch ch ch hah hah hah hah ch ch ch ch hah hah hah hah”

um...you know the noise in the background when Jason is gonna get his murder on...from the Friday the 13th movies...haters!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA! How can one not get a kick out of THE OFFICE? :p

Matt said...

I'm happy to see other Office fans. I was very worried about how the show would come out this year after receiving so much acclaim last season. I think they've done a fantastic job and avoided a lot of common errors like taking themselves too serious (in the Pam and Jim romance) or becoming a parody of itself. It remains sentimental, funny, and honest (I'd also say it's irreverent but I have no idea what that means).