Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday Wind Down

First of all, there will be an OC recap over the weekend. It seems like a fresh start as we head into the finale. Except for the KiKi scene at the end.

Corrections: The Tag Team article on the Fabs and the Road Warriors was pushed to the archives the second I posted yesterday the article is
here

After finally being able to watch SNL the other day and seeing Pearl Jam have two awesome sets, I did alot of early 90's reminiscing. Last night I was watching old Nirvana clips which led to Alice in Chains and then back to Pearl Jam unplugged. It took me back to a great stretch in indie,alternative,grunge (whatever your term for it is) where there was so much great stuff being released. Sadly, that era ended like the other great musical eras in my lifetime...hit song, three word song title, shitty shitty band that sterilizes the genre. In this case the culprit was "Hold My Hand" by Hootie and the Blowfish. Seriously it works...just like "Ice, Ice, Baby" by Vanilla Ice marked the end of hip-hop's halcyon days and "The Right Stuff" by New Kids On the Block bookended a great period of R&B Dance music of the late 80's. I'm sure I could make the argument for "Achy, Breaky, Heart" if I knew anything about country music outside of the song "Cadillac Style"

Anyway, there is no point other than I really miss those days. I remember I had a black cardigan and ripped jeans that I wore all the time. I also had a cut off flannel shirt that I would have worn more often, but the "Aaron Neville" look wasn't quite what I was going for at the time. Just warning you...there will be more on this...

I was stoked to see that the remaining episodes of Love Monkey are being released on VH1. This show should have been given a chance if only to see more of Julia on the show.

Seriously, Rent It!
Harold and Kumar go to White Castle

The Warriors
People can have strange rules about friendships. Some people don't like beatniks. Some people can't stand liars. Some people can't be friends with people who shit their pants. For me, starting now, I have a two year grace period for my friends to see at least one of these movies if they haven't already. Otherwise, I'll have to blackball them.


Here's the Friday Yacht Rock Quote!!



"Hey guys...you seen my lucky harpoon?" -Koko Goldstien Yacht Rock #2


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA i've seen the Warriors...but not Harold and Kumar. Though I saw and loved Boondock Saints before it was the "punk rock" thing to see. Does that increase my grace period?

Anonymous said...

Warriors...come out to plaaaayyyyy

and OMG Make J rent Harold and Kumar.. "Dude did Doogey Houser just steal my car?"