Thursday, April 13, 2006

Okay no American Idol recap today...My DVR didn't work right and I missed it while I was out. If I get let's say...five requests to do a recap of the results show I'll do one. Instead, I went out and saw a shitty acoustic duo. Man were they shitty. Put it this way, they were "one-of-their- songs-had-the-line "I see the orphans fly"-shitty." It's not like I had a bad time though. In fact, shitty band Wednesday Night is going to be a regular thing for me. Why? Because for every shitty band that I see I can add them to a very exclusive list. That list is called Bands who are not better than the Fabulous JP's.

Fabulous JP's? Instead of using my own words I'll take the introductions from their press kit:

Introducing your Mid-South Acoustic Tag Team Champions! First with his guitar "Big Money", hailing from "Every Mother's Nightmare, Every School Girl's Dream" The Gangster of Love "Stunnin'" Steve!! His partner is from the rough and tumble streets of JP-ville on vocals, the man with the plan, "Sweet" Stan.

Ah yes the Fabulous JP's, I can hear their theme song now. In the indie-rock alternative days of the late 90's the Fabulous JP's were so awesome that no one had even heard of them. Every time I have to suffer through a shitty band my mind wanders to the kick-ass guitar of Steve and Big Money and Stan's butter smooth vocals. For every pretentious lyric sung by a California Vagina Sailor I think back to songs like "Silent Boot", "Stan and Steve's Opus", and "The White Castle Song" and smile a nostalgia-laced smile.

Enough about the Fabulous JP's though. Fuck them they sold out. They didn't keep the fire. Their story will remain untold...until another band is added to the list.

I'm gonna try an OC recap tonight!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know am the hugest fan of the Fabulous JPs -JFS

Paj said...

I'm sure they appreciate that wherever they are.

Anonymous said...

Hell yes they do!

Anonymous said...

you suck for putting the approval control on this. I liked it much better without a net. You are such a censor

Paj said...

Hot Stuff, that's how I roll!