Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Top Five Holiday Songs: What Are You Doing New Year's Eve- Rufus Wainwright



Aight, so it's a GAP commercial but this 30 second spot, but this inspired a Rufus Wainwright phase that I don't regret at all. I still listen to songs like "April Fools", "Baby" and his cover of "Across the Universe" constantly. Of the Winter Holidays I've been more of a New Year's person than a Christmas person, "What are you doing New Year's Eve" hits me in all the right places. Now this commercial came out in 1997 or 98 and I had been dying to find a decent version of the song, but all I could find on Napster or Lime Wire were live snippets but not the entire song. After year's of searching, last year's McGarrigle Christmas Hour has a full lenght version of Rufus Wainwright's "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve" and yes I bought the album just for that song. In fact, I think it's the last physical CD I've bought. Here's to getting some sugar on New Year's yo!

No comments: