Friday, December 29, 2006

Tortilla Chips and Milk takes a look back at 2006

For the next few days we'll be taking a look back at the highlights and lowlifes of 2006. This was an awesome year notwithstanding that this was the year TC and M rolled up on y'all!!! Take that, suckas!

Disappointments!

Britney Spears babymaker shots

We'll start out by what could be the disappointment of the millennium. Now I don;t care how apathetic you claim you are to her bubble gum pop and her polished white trash existence, regardless of your gender the idea of one day seeing Brit's vajayjay had to have crossed your mind at least for a nanosecond. We all knew it would eventually happen. It was inevitable! Never in my wildest imagination did I think that "Damn that's nasty!" would be the first thought that popped into my head that fateful day. Now I know how the Griswolds felt when they found out Wally World was closed.

Grey's Anatomy is just a shitty soap for chicks!

I tried to deny it as long as I could, but I lasted about two episodes into the new Fall season. I thought it would be a clever, quirky, drama/comedy as the cast has great depth of acting talent. Nope. Jokes on me. It's just another dumb show with dumb women making dumb choices. It's psychotic all dressed up as cute. It's not what I look for in my free time. Not on TV anyways.

Yacht Rock's Channel 101 run comes to an end.

The early part of 2006 turned on a Yacht Rock axis. The webisodes were the fuel for the TC and M machine. It's spirit actually inspired me to start this blog. Then it was gone. Just to remind y'all of how great it was here's a special edition of episode 2, featuring the songwriting contest between Hall and Oates and Loggins and McDonald. It's 20% smoother than the original version.

Remember to keep the fire burning at www.yachtrock.com

The rebirth of "Why can't we use the N-Word?"

Nothing irritates me more than people trying to debate this issue. It's simple, dickfaces! It's all about context. If you're reciting The Adventures of Huck Finn or singing along to Eazy-E nobody with any common sense should give a damn. Complaining for permission to use the word in it's offensive manner is the equivalent of asking "Why can't I insult somebody in the manner that will piss them off the most?". It's not the word, it's the context. People can tell the difference. Screw you Michael Richards for bringing this stupid topic back into discussion! The only positive that could come of this is if some celebrity calls a woman a C-Word and we start having a "Why can't we use the C-Word?" debate. That would be awesome!

Arrested Development gets canceled.

Best comedy of the last ten years. If I were to ever choreograph, it would be a piece based on the various Bluth family Chicken Dances.



Just warming up, yo!



No comments: