Thursday, May 03, 2007

Live Blog 4th Quarter- Dallas at Golden State

Aight suckas! We're coming at you from the fourth quarter of Game Six of the Golden State Warriors - Dallas Mavericks series. I first fell in love with the NBA watching a New York Knick - Detroit Piston series where Bernard King and Isaiah Thomas went head to head for five sublime games. This year's Dallas vs. Golden State series reminds me why I love the NBA more than any other sport. The previous five games have just been so full of wonderful drama that it's all I've been able to think about. Now Golden State hasn't been a decent team since MC Hammer was 2 Legit 2 Quit and since then their fortunes have been about the same. Those years happened to overlap my Yay area residence and I won't front, The Warriors aren't my favorite NBA team. The fact is though, I've seen the Warriors live more than I have any other NBA team and I've seen more televised Warrior games than any other team ( though the shitty Lakers are closing in on that one) and that Sports Channel subscription wasn't free neither. As I pointed out a few days ago I also have more Warriors apparel than any other So yeah my love of the Bay Area and the NBA have combined to make this a memorable one for me. To be honest I wanted to do a live blog through the entire game but I was way to busy shitting myself. It's been that intense.

Start of the 4th Quarter GSW-86 Dal 63

Well only two ways for this game to end. The biggest playoff upset ever or the biggest choke job ever. Both teams are coming out firing. Baron Davis (Boom Dizzle) is pulling out an incredible effort, playing with a pulled hamstring rolling like Willis Reed and Isaiah Thomas. Dirk just hit a shot which doubled his field goals for the game at TWO. M-V-P!

You know what with 6 minutes left and the Warriors up by over 24. I'm just gonna soak this in. It's going to be one big standing ovation. I'm gonna just watch and worry about Stephen Jackson's court appearance later cause right now he's the King of the Yay. History, Suckas!





No comments: