Wednesday, March 14, 2007

American Idol: Top 12 results show

Okay I've been having problems with my capture card so I couldn't get screenies up in time for the post to be timely. So to make it up to my loyal readers I'll give the results show the Tortilla Chips and Milk Treatment. For that is the method I revolve over a surface, people who are easily deceived!!!!!

We get last night's recap highlighting the miscues of Brandon and Hailey and Simon and Ryan slinging closet jokes.

If you were wondering why they didn't perform any of the Supremes' songs last night, well they were saving them all for the group sing. The GS is pretty good with a medley of "Where Did Our Love Go?" by the guys "Baby Love" by the girls and everyone doing "Stop! In the Name of Love". Brandon and Chris Sligh redeem themselves and sound great. Melinda and Lakisha on the other hand seem to be mailing it in...and pointy pose and we're out.

Ford Commercial time! Oh sweet Jeebus in Heaven...
I don't know if you can make out the song title in the screenie but it's "Float On" as in Modest Mouse, as in you sold out so hard you made my chest hurt. The commercial's theme was blinding rage, because that's all I saw. White Hot Anger with jangly guitars in the background. Man, first Captain America dies and now this. Excuse me I'm gonna go outside, there's a Mustang that's begging to have it's tires slashed right now.

The eliminations go pretty quick we get through the first ten with Brandon and Phil being two of the bottom three. We're left to wait on Sanjaya and Hailey. Well at least we're guaranteed some tears.

Diana Ross comes out and performs "More Than Yesterday" which is off her album, "Motown Songs I Haven't Covered Yet".
It's a Divafest with a separate musical intro, absurd dress, and Diana just pretty much doing whatever she wants on stage.

Oh yea we still have that bottom three thing. Well it looks like Simon's be nice to Hailey to get rid of Sanjaya strategy helped, as Hailey is safe and Sanjaya is in the bottom three.

The writing's pretty much on the wall after Ryan tells Phil he's safe and it's down to Snjaya and Brandon. Flashback to three hours earlier and I get an east coast call.

"You'll never guess who's eliminated"
"Hmmm...they got rid of Brandon didn't they?"
"You're no fun "

So it's Brandon who "Had a Bad Day" er I mean "Is Going Home, the Place Where He Belongs". To his credit he's a class act and no fisticuffs are thrown. The show is running over so no judges venom towards Sanjaya and no sing out for Brandon. Too bad I though he deserved to go much farther. I liked him too much to make a joke about him forgetting the words, but you know he probably did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who the hell are you? And why are you posting on Fyre's blog?

Anonymous said...

"Motown songs I haven't covered yet" I think I have that album...