Monday, April 02, 2007

Songs You Should Know: Alanis Morrissette Covers My Humps

Alanis does "My Humps" in the back and in the front...Check it out!


Paj note: I posted this before I got to actually got to sit down and absorb it. Stupid work computer with no soundcard.

Oh man, by the time I got to the "No no drama" part, I was already losing my shit. As I've said many times before, I love when hip-hop/dance tunes get the slowed down acoustic treatment ala "Bitches Ain't Shit", by Ben Folds, "97 Bonnie and Clyde" by Tori Amos, and "Straight Outta Compton" by Nina Gordon. This definitely makes the hip hop overs mixtape. If it weren't for the light hearted laughing at the end of the clip, I'd be convinced that by "parodying" a ridiculous song like "My Humps" she intended this to be a dark social commentary on perpetuation the degradation of women by artists such as Fergie Ferg. Isn't it ironic? Don'tcha think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't sure how I would take this video. I'm not a fan of "chopped and screwed" which as you now Paj is a style of slowed down rap music. But then I saw God head but a "gangsta" and it was worth it.

I think they should have left off the laughing at the end, it would have been funnier if left all serious :D