Thursday, April 19, 2007

Songs You Should Know: All Saints- Never Ever

Okay, so I'm making a work related call and there's no answer and I have to leave a message. The out going message starts and it's a young woman's voice and instead of the usual spiel I get this instead:

A few questions that I need to know
which is followed by an obvious casio keyboard chord in the background. Still I had to leave a message so i couldn't hang up. It went on...
how you could ever hurt me so
I need to know what I've done wrong
and how long it's been going on
Was it that I never paid enough attention?
Or did I not give enough affection?


Seriously, the girl was speaking this while playing the chords herself and I'm thinking "Oh man, I know this song!" So know I'm racking my brain trying to figure this one out and its just on the tip of my tongue...

Not only will your answers keep me sane
but I'll know never to make the same mistake again
You can tell me to my face or even on the phone
You can write it in a letter, either way, I have to know
Did I never treat you right?
Did I always start the fight?
Either way, I'm going out of my mind
all the answers to my questions
I have to find
Beep!
All Saints Mofo!!! So I leave my message and I was left with two questions?

1) WTF? Was she trying to get a boyfriend back and decided to apologize through song? Did she not think that people weren't going to hear this? Was she just one of those quirky girls who like to throw up covers of themselves singing British POP hits? Suckas gots ta know!

2) Why the hell did I know this song? Thinking back I guess I thought they were cute and all and they were better than the Spice Girls. I think what triggered it was they way they say "Black Hole" which seems fit for a late Don Imus discourse or something. So yeah, y'all know what came next. I punched myself in the face. Anyway here's the full song All Saints "Never Ever"



2 comments:

Lilith said...

such an amazing (albet, kind of old) song. i haven't heard it in forever, but its just one of those songs that brings back all of those memories.

<3

Anonymous said...

Was your message more then "This is from All Saints YO! what you know about it?"

That main singer's nose is so big I can't help but want to ski off it.