Friday, July 28, 2006

The Rant- Miami Vice The Pregame show


I was going to avoid this movie like the plague, but after being bombarded with the commercials for the last week and having completed watching seasons one and two in the last few months AND the occasional rerun on Sleuth, I'm giving in. Nostalgia is powerful stuff. This movie is sucking me in like the phone sucks in Mikey from "Swingers". It's probably going to be a bad idea but I can't help it.

The buzz: I've read that this movie is supposed to be horrible and it's a complete disaster and that Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx have no chemistry.

What PAJ needs:
1) Crocket has to be WAAAY cooler than Tubbs. If they are on equal footing it will blow the dynamic. If you thought that they were on equal footing in the original, watch those episodes again. Tubbs was dorky and terrible and it was clearly Crocket's show. Is Jamie Foxx gonna play a second fiddle effectively?

2) Their supervising officer has to be hardcore. If he's a schmuck it blows the dynamic. One of the best things about Miami Vice was that when Crocket and Tubbs went off on their own you KNEW they were fucking up and that Castillo was going to have their asses.

3) A bad soundtrack can break this movie. Miami Vice ushered in MTV style filmmaking. I'm expecting many scenes will be carried by the music. If the music sucks those scenes will suck.

Oh crap gotta go if I'm gonna make the showing. I'll be back soon for the actual rant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks good, I hope its good.
Did you make the movie?