Friday, July 07, 2006

So You Think You Can Dance- The Top 14 Results Show

Not much breathing room here between my take and E-Rizzle's take. For some strange reason if you're reading this post and haven't read the last TWO posts...screw it just read the last two posts to get caught up. We start tonight's show with a group performance of Footloose. All the guys are wearing black sleeveless T's, even the ones that shouldn't...I'm looking at you Benji and Ivan!


The girls are extra saucied up this week and I'm not complaining. A few things wrong when using Footloose, first they should have given someone the opportunity to give a Chris Penn tribute, They also didn't have a continuous stream of glitter falling from the sky, no one did the "Let's Dance" head bobby movement, and the whole thing is too much like a hoedown for me. I'm like Dana Whitaker from Sportsnight when it comes to hoedowns. I hate 'em.


On with the show, Nigel backtracks over last weeks comments about improvising being a bad thing he says something to the effect, that if you make an effort to think about your dance then improvise then it's okay. Seriously, did he think that last week's solos were without thought? Whatever. He closes with saying you won't get away with endless pirouettes and you won't get away with falling off the stage.
I guess in England "won't get away with" means something different because THE GUY THAT FELL OFF THE STAGE DIDN'T GET ELIMINATED! I think that means he got away with something.

Anyway, this weeks bottom three couples are Heidi and Ryan, Jaymz and Jessica, and ...no f'n way...Ivan and Allison. My 18 votes for Dmitry and Ashlee backfired in a major way. I'm going to have to have a meeting with the PAJ voting block of one to rethink things. I thought Martha and Travis were flat, and Musa and Natalie did nothing to impress the disco ruler. Wow...I'm actually in danger of being disappointed this week. I didn't think there was any ay this would happen. My faith in the voting public is shaken, yo. Yes, I am being hypocritical. Shut up! Once having a roommate who owned a disco ruler affords me such privileges.

Quick overview of the solos. Heidi, shimmies in a dress that's made from the leftover fringe from Allison's pants. Jessica is in toe shoes and does some really graceful looking ballet. Allison rocks the house and does her soyouthinkyoucandance booty shake from week one. Seriously, y'all the girl is too cute.

Ryan does some contemporary to R&B and does a "look here's my taint move". Jaymz does a solo Paso Doble complete with matador cape. He stays on the stage this week. Ivan does some awesome pop-lock and gliding. I have a sick feeling in my stomach. I can't believe I'm actually nervous.

The judges go out to the steps of deliberation *cough* seriously this is the cheesiest part of an already cheesy show. Some dude sings.

Girls first again. Allison gets called up and is let off the hook immediately. Nigel sings her praises and says she's one of the best all around dancers on the show. Jessica gets complimented on her solo and says that the personality still hasn't shown up. Heidi gets called out for overdoing it with her personality and goes too far. Her technique is there and they are keeping her. Jessica is eliminated. On the bright side at least she can get started on those hip-hop classes

Now it's the guys turn and holy crap am I nervous for Ivan. Nigel states that there was a split in the guys voting Nigel and Dan had to convince Mary into eliminating one of the dancers.

They call Jaymz up first when it's revealed that his specialties are lyrical and hip-hop. He confirms this...lyrical and HIP-HOP...the guy who whined he only had a few days to learn a hip-hop routine SPECIALIZES in Hip Hop. I start pressing the imaginary trap door button on my remote, but to no avail he's still on my screen. Nigel goes another direction and wonders why he would do a Paso Doble for his solo when it's not his specialty. Jaymz says..SHUT UP JAYMZ. They ask him to step back. Ryan steps forward and is reminded that his performance skills aren't meeting his technical skills. Ivan steps forward. Nigel says he isn't a great dancer... yet, he gets props on his solo and Nigel says the solo saved him. Ivan is off the hook. I am way too happy about this. I feel like punching myself in the face.
Ryan is called up again and is told Mary was going to vote him off and that he'd better bring it next week. He's safe. Jaymz is out of here!

I'm not saying another word.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really hope Jaymz reads this.
Then you'd get what you deserve for how mean you are ;)