Thursday, July 13, 2006

SYTYCD Recap and dedications

Okay, it's been a long time coming, but here's the recap of what may have been the best SYTYCD ever. But first, I have a dedication:


To the Sexy Six:
The fancy cars, the women and the caviar, you know who we are, cause we pimpin all over the world, The fancy cars, the women and the caviar, you know who we are, cause we pimpin all over the world

To Paj:
See I'm the man of this town, and I hope you would'nt mind if I showed you around, so when you Go to certain places you'll be thinkin of me, we got people to meet and many places to see,


And to the ladies in Vegas:
You hear the song so dance, don't always think I'm tryna get in your pants, cause see me my Pimpin's in 3-D, I'm takin you places you only see on T.V., tryna show ya that livin is trife,
How many guys you know that can bring the travel channel to life, one day we on the autobahn Swervin drivin, next day we in the sun on the Virgin Islands, if you wit me ain't no time to
Sleep, especially at wet willies on Miami Beach, but I drive you off and pay you no attention if
I make it to Atlantas Brina Brothers convention, then jump in the car and just ride for hours, Makin sure I don't miss the homecomin at Howard, Hawaii to D.C. it's plenty women to see, so if Yo ass don't show up it's more women for me, Heyy

Now, on to the recap:

The show begins with Cat as always, who appears to have borrowed Heidi's fringe dress from last week. Our first couple will be Natalie and Musa, dancing Hip Hop to Promiscuous Girl by Nelly Furtado. This is a perfect opportunity to showcase how good these two would look having sex together and they take full advantage. Musa finally gets to dance in his element and does it well, but Natalie mostly walks around in hot pants and plays with her new hair extensions. Unfortunately, America will probably keep these two out of the bottom three again.

Up next are Heidi and Ryan, dancing to Sex Bomb by Tom Jones.
Of course we know the minute the style comes out of the hat that Heidi is going to rock it, and Ryan is nervous because he's never done this before. Unfortunately during the rehearsal footage Ryan has to return to his former catty, Heidi-hating self and comment that she's dancing with the instructor more than him--"Great partner." I would vote these two into the bottom three just to get rid of him. Then the performance begins and...

HOT, HOT, HOT! Heidi is ridiculously good, and they do this move where she sits on Ryan's lap and he slowly pulls her legs together that is pretty steamy. Ryan is definitely the weak point, but she may have pulled him through. Lots of congratulations from the Judges.

Ivan and Allison perform contemporary to Annie Lennox, choreographed by Tyce DiOrio, and it was incredible. definitely the performance of the night. Ivan could use a bit more confidence when it comes to hitting the lines and pointing his feet, but he was way better than half of the ballet dancers I know. Mary cries her eyes out, and Seabiscuit is still in the race.

Well, we needed a little dose of reality, and we get it with Dmitry and Ashlee. It's a pop routinge by Dan Karaty. She is sporting some frightening hair (as most pop routines seem to require). I give it a resounding, "Not pimpin'."

The unisons were way off, and for the first time Ashlee is better than her partner. Nigel pretty much agrees with me, but Mary must still have tears in her eyes because she actually compliments their performance. Crazy lady. Brian gives some good criticism, and actually gives Dan K a little slam. Cat tries to call him on it, asking if the choreography is the problem here, but he pusses out and won't say. Boo.

Now it's time for Martha and Travis, doing the fox trot choreographed by the crazy Frenchman. Sure, he can choreograph, but can he head-butt?

Anyway, LOVE THEM. Seriously, other than one unfortunate shot of Martha licking her teeth, it was beautiful. Also, Martha and Travis should know that to get the kind of detailed critism from judges (focus more on your line, make sure your foot is pointed on that move, etc.) is a great compliment. They're just so close to perfect it's easy to identify the only problems they have.

And now for the last couple of the night--Benjelle, doing BROADWAY!! I can hardly contain my excitement at this point. The music from Hairspray begins and, hmmm. On any other night I would have raved over this. Maybe it's because I've seen the original production in New York, but I wanted more. One thing this did achieve was to make me think Benji might actually be able to handle a solo. I almost want these two in the bottom three just so I can see them solo.

Overall, there were so many great performances the bottom three could be tough.
My thoughts on the bottom 3:
Heidi and Ryan
Dmitry and Ashlee
Natalie and Musa

Eliminations:
Ryan and Ashlee or
Dmitry and Ashlee.

Anyway, that's all I've got. Even though I'm posting late I haven't seen the results show--looks like I have a date with my TiVo tonight.

Welcome back, Paj.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this one right. I thought Musa rocked it hardcore.
Dimitri is a sissy. He is too man to handle contemperary or whatever he was doing.
I didn't feel the dance where the judge cried, it was nice, but I mean really.

Balls

thats MY recap yo