Sunday, August 20, 2006

Ask Tortilla Chips and Milk!

Sweet! After five months I finally get a comment asking me for advice! I've been meaning to have a regular advice feature, if only to help the TC and M reader roll correct, suckas!

Dear Paj,

I have a problem, and I hope you can help. I asked a friend to come with me to see S.O.A.P. and she wouldn't go. There were no good explanations offered. I even asked if it was fear that there might ACTUALLY be snakes on her next flight, but the answer was no. What should I do? Can we still be friends?

Sincerely,
I wanna get on the mutha f*n plane!

Dear "I wanna get on the mutha f*n plane",

First of all, I want to address my displeasure with the movie going public as a whole, as Snakes on a Plane grossed anywhere between 13-15 million on it's opening weekend. To put this in perspective, it made 5 million less than Step Up, did in it's opening weekend and only 3-5 million more than it's opening competitor, Accepted. Now these two movies received 22% and 35% on the Rotten tomatoes tomatometer while SOAP received a respectable 63%. So I really don't buy the excuse that people avoided Snakes on a Plane because it was a bad movie. There were enough bad movies making bank all summer long.

All I know is, my viewing of SOAP transcended a movie and will go into my personal history as an event. Snakes on a Plane joins Pulp Fiction, There's Something About Mary, South Park Bigger Longer Uncut, and The Brady Bunch Movie as movies where being a part of the audience was just as fun as watching the movie itself for the first time. The last three Star Wars were an event too, but I left all three movies angry so it doesn't count. If there was a sure-fire good time at the movies this summer, it was Snakes on a Plane during it's opening weekend. What's the matter SOCIETY, are you too good to have fun? At least I had a good time and I didn't miss out and in the end that's all that matters, yo!

Now back to "I wanna get on the mutha f*n plane!"'s letter. As much as I would love to tell you otherwise, you cannot predicate friendship on whether or not they saw Snakes on a Plane. If I lived by that rule, I would have exactly ONE friend left on Monday. Despite my enthusiasm, that's exactly how many of my friends saw Snakes on a Plane this weekend, ONE. So yes, you can still be friends. You can tell her that she's a "chump", and you can tell her that PAJ said so...unless she's really got it goin' on. Then you know, you can call her a "chump", just leave my name out of it, yo!

As for what you should do... First of all, the very fact that you wrote this letter is a giveaway that you're not a guy. A guy wouldn't care if his friends didn't want to go see the movie, he would just f*n go to see those mutha f*n snakes on that mutha f*n plane. That's how guys do. Real guys, anyway.

So now that we've established that you are a llllady and you referred to your friend as "she" I can think of only one way for her to make up for not accompanying you to see Snakes on a Plane. It's a simple solution, really. First stock your crib with a bottle of Grey Goose, candles, scented massage oil of your choice, and a digital camera. Awwww yeah...what comes next is just natural. A night of oiled down sensual massage between you two ladies should smooth out any hard feelings stemming from cinematic indiscretion. If that doesn't help I suggest a rose-petal drawn bath or a pillow fight. You can't forget the most important step though: send the pictures of that magical make-up session to the TC and M homebase and everything should work out just fine between you two. Glad to be of help... 'cause that's how I roll!

Thanks for reading!
PAJ

5 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

Solid advice ... I don't know how anyone could not want to see this great summer flick, but apparently there are a lot of those people out there .. I just feel sorry for them

Jennifer said...

LMAO.. oh thats great.. so where do we start posting the need paj advice??

Anonymous said...

Now being an avid reader from Day One of TC&M (which replaces PB&J as best acronym with a amberstamp in it) I have to say I too feel I should say a little something on this question.

How do you get them to take you to go see the movie?
why YOU take THEM to go see the movie. After the sensual message she will probally be feeling very relaxed and secure that you two are friends again.
This is where you ask if she wants to go somewhere to food up. She'll probally say "whatever you want to do" because she is a woman and can't make up her mind, so you say "yea lets go"
Once she is in the car there is no where for her to go. Would she really want to jump out a moving vehicle then go see SoaP? I don't think so.
Distract her with a few good jokes and a story about that time you were in vegas and she wont even realize she is in the movie theater.

when the trailers hit its too late. You already spent money on her ticket so there is no where for her to go and she is forced to get on the mother*&@#$! plane.

After the movie she will be so thankful that there might just be a second bubble bath involved, which if you followed my advice...is hot.

Anonymous said...

Only one thing to do in this situation: follow Dr. Paj's advice. If that doesn't work, pile her. If that doesn't work, fire in the face.

Doug Gilbert

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.