Friday, August 25, 2006

Getting racy


OK, so I investigated this Survivor crew some more. And some things just jump out at me.

1. Thirteen of 20 cast members are from California. Only one is from the Midwest. What, they don't have minorites in the flyover states? Or maybe the CBS casting crew just didn't want to travel.

2. There's a lot of entertainers in the bunch. This may be a side effect of the Cali Connection, but at least one, Jonathan Penner, has a rather sizable filmography. He was even on "Seinfeld." Do I smell stunt casting?

3. Once again, these are very pretty people. Looks like Billy the heavy metal guitarist will be our Rupert.

4. There's a jazz musician on the African-American team, a waiter on the Hispanic team, and in the sweet name of pie, there's a nail salon owner on the Asian team.

Did I mention something about exploitation?

I can imagine the first challenge now: The teams will solve calculus questions to get map coordinates. The map coordinates will lead them to a drive-by shooting. Then there will be a thrilling race to pick tomatoes the fastest, capped off by a fire-making contest -- first team to light their cross wins!

Survivors ready? Go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHHAHAHAH HAH AH AHAHAH HAHHA

That last paragraph goes down in TC&M history as some of the best writing I have ever read.

Paj said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again...trying out for reality shows is how we do in Cali, yo!