Monday, September 11, 2006

Distractions...

You see what had happened was...

  • I had to work on Saturday, but I did get to be in the presence of some peeps from the soap Passions so that was kinda weird.
  • In the free time I did have, I sat down and thought to myself "man, I could really go for a movie about disco dancing and roller-skating "...then what do you know? Roll, Bounce a movie I had never even heard of, just happened to be on. It's kinda like the Karate Kid, without the karate, and on roller skates, and with Bow Wow as Ralph Macchio. Only not exactly...I just like to think that any movie involving class underdogs is like the Karate Kid without the karate. By the way, I pronounce "Karate" in Karate Kid as Kah-RAH-Tee, but when I say "karate" by itself, I pronounce it "kuh-rah-TAY". Just a little FYI so you can re-read the last few sentences again with my voice in your head.
  • I am currently writing an extended Rent It which means I'll have to watch one more movie to write it properly...well, to write it with a fresh prespective anyway.
  • I had forgotten how much I LOVE football, so Sunday was a total vegfest with the Jets game on internet radio and a different game on each of my TV's at the same time. All while keeping up to minute stat watch on the mighty mighty Yatta.
  • I did intend to get up early and blog, but this happened last night: Next of Kin, 1 AM start time. Swayze vs. Stiller, Hillbillies vs. the Chicago Mob, Snake Man vs. me peeing myself... Seriously, how cruel is that for someone who wants to go to bed at a decent hour? Which reminds me, Patrick Swayze also played Ace in Skatetown U.S.A. which was the roller-disco movie I remember seeing most often as a kid. Skatetown was also like the Karate Kid without the karate...seriously it was. Swayze was the "Johnny" character, the villain. I don't remember if he swept the leg, but he danced a pairs routine to a disco version of "Under My Thumb" which involved alot of simulated belt whipping...really, I wasn't kidding when I said I was in a roller-disco state of mind.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what did you do on saturday that was the "bombdiggity" as you say.
Inquiring minds need to know.

Paj said...

I've never used the phrase bombdiggity, so I don't know what yer talkin' about, yo!