Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I hate looking forward to anything...

Okay, HBO's The Wire is bar none, my favorite show on TV. It's my private joy. I've seen every episode in sequence multiple times. I study it, analyze it. The show is so good it inspires me. It so good I don't want to taint it by pimping it. I have one friend in Boston that I discuss the Wire with and that's it and that's the way I like it. So the show premieres for everyone on September 10th, but there was a bonus for HBO On Demand subscribers like myself, that we would get the Wire Season premiere yesterday! Well guess what? Apparently there's a West Coast bias thing going on because not all the systems in Cali have the premiere available. So I might have to wait until Sunday like all the other chumps! I'm blaming it on the ominous message I got today that the Drama Llama was following me home. So while everyone else was getting their Nip/Tuck on, I was gonna watch the Wire then watch Nip/Tuck which doesn't start until 10 here.

I feel so crappy about this it might drive me to recap Celebrity Duets again!!!

I hate you Drama Llama!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

hehehe its the drama llama

Bazza said...

We don't get The Wire in the UK what is it about?
Do you plan your life around the TV schedule?!

Paj said...

The Wire, on it's face, is a police procedural crime drama. Its larger themes explore institutional dysfunction, and the consequences of the lives of people who devote themselves to those institutions. This season, inner city education will be the backdrop, as several of the characters featured will be middle school children faced with the prospects of entering the drug trade.

To answer your second question, yes! I plan my entire life around the TV schedule. That is a safe assumption to make of anyone who has actually planned to watch a specific television show.

Anonymous said...

yea Paj I bet you sat right there on the couch had the TV tuned to HBO as you waited for the wire to come on.
When it never came you sat in silence and shared your popcorn with the drama llama