Thursday, September 14, 2006

Tidbits from the last few days

First of all, HBO has already decided to renew The Wire for a 5th season. I couldn't be happier and now I can be assured of 24 more episodes of the best show on TV. The first two episodes of the season are really setting the table for some riveting drama. Watch it, or don't, but you won't regret it if you do.

Okay, y'all probably know that I'm a YouTube addict, but is there a bigger non-story than the lonelygirl15 saga? I'll admit that I had seen a few of the videos in question, but is it really newsworthy? Really though, the internet thrives on contrived, attention-sucking stuff like this. Because when it comes down to it, we're all jerks! To see how a real lonely girl rolls, check out Hope is Emo, from the same crew that brought you Ask a Ninja.

Whitney Houston files for divorce? Put that in the "no shit" category. Which song pops in your head first regarding the Whitney Houston-Bobby Brown breakup? "Don't Be Cruel" and "My Perogative" are in my head right now just thinking about it. If you said "I Will Always Love You" you'd better be wearing a skirt, Alice. If you said "Mr. Telephone Man" we gots ta hang.

If you've ever wanted to pick up the car phone to perpetrate like you was talkin' http://popularitydialer.com/ will call your cell phone at a pretdetermined date and time AND play a prercorded half of a conversation ranging from a dude or chick asking to hook up later to your boss calling for business. I can think of at least three occasions when I would use this service. It's free with limit of five calls per cel number.

The controversial new Survivor season starts tomorrow. Personally, I can't wait. To see all those racial groups put together, then segregated...it will look just like every college campus I've ever visited. Good Times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could see myself using that websites service all the time.
'cause nobody else calls me :(

Well except Sam Jackson, he called me once.