Tuesday, September 26, 2006

TV Roundup

Grey's Anatomy Season Premiere

Okay I'm still planning to do full recaps for this season, but the Season Premiere was bogged down by the same manner that last season ended. I have no interest in the main storyline which is Mer choosing between McDreamy and Robin the Vet Wonder. Seriously! The more time spent on this storyline the more I can't stand this show. We have Izzie coming undone due to the loss of her fiance and her career. We also have Yang having to learn to open up emotionally while her boyfriend, Dr. Burke who was just recently shot faces a career ending injury. Even George's struggle with being loved by Callie and The Chief's marraige falling apart are more compelling than Mer and her boy problems. Now there's apparently going to be a "competiton" between McDreamy and Finn to win Mer's bony dark and twisty hand. Seriously Grey's Anatomy CUT THIS OUT!!!

We have two people in Mer and McDreamy who have shown their asses for 22 consecutive episodes. Mer is self-absorbed, needy, and unable to make a decision that isn't inappropriate or self destructive. We are not the Mayor of your shit Mer!!! McDreamy has shown to be just an awful, projecting, judgemental prick. He also shits on people's houses. Why does anyone care if they are together or not. There are about eight other more compelling characters than these two. I watch and like the show because of them, not the continuing romance between two jerks.

The Amazing Race

I'm rooting for the coal miner and his wife for reasons I can't really discuss here. Let's just say, in all seriousness that they are the official T C and M reality show team!!! Too bad we don't have any input on who wins. Still, it's pretty dramatic stuff so far and I'm along for the ride as long as they stay in the competition.

Studio 60: Live from the Sunset Strip


I am really loving this show...if it weren't so verbose and lacking material to ridicule I would give it the full recap treatment. Still I see a potential problem here. It suffers from the only negative I had with Sportsnight. While I loved Sportsnight, I had to kind of turn a blind eye whenever the the show actually talked about sports. Alot of the show within a show material wasn't always believable as a strong sports news production. I see the same problems with Studio 60. They ended the second episode with a cold open that was supposed to rejuvenate the struggling sketch comedy show. The only probelem was that the musical number that was supposed to herald the return of comic geniuses and lead the Studio 60 back to it's former glory, wasn't really all that funny. Still I'm hooked on this show and I'll watch it as long as it's on the air, but still that's a weakness that might cost Studio 60 some viewership.


No comments: